of the online printing service flyeralarm GmbH, Alfred-Nobel-Straße 18, 97080 Würzburg, Germany
To us, your trust in the proper handling of your data is an important prerequisite for the success of our online service. Therefore, we attach great importance to data protection. Your data is collected, processed (this includes storage, modification, transmission, blocking and deletion of data) and used in strict compliance with applicable data protection laws, the German Telemedia Act (TMG) and the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG).
A. Use of our websites, creation of a customer account, order processing, mobile apps
- Under the applicable data protection laws and regulations, we may use personal data to the extent necessary for establishing and drafting contracts and the provision and billing of services (usage data). The information we obtain from you will be used to process orders, deliver goods, provide services and process payments (as well as to perform the necessary checks for purchases on account). Furthermore, your data will be used to communicate with you about orders, products and services, as well as to update our data records, maintain your customer account and to recommend services, which we think may be of interest to you. Lastly, we may use your data to improve our online platform and our website content, prevent or uncover misuse and especially fraud, or to enable third parties to provide technical, logistic or other services on our behalf. Personal data is information that can be used to identify an individual. You are required to provide the following personal data, for example, when you register a customer account:
- Company name
- Field of business
- Name and surname
- Street & house number
- Country (is preset)
- Telephone number
- E-mail address (must be entered in both the “E-mail address” and “Confirm e-mail address” fields)
- Password (must be entered in both the “Password” and “Confirm password” fields)
2.When you visit our websites, we store the domain name or IP address of the requesting computer, the file request of the client (file name and URL), the http response code, the website from which you visit us as well as the date and the duration of your visit for a period of 7 working days. We store the data to identify faults or misuse of our website and our telecommunications services/systems to the extent this data is necessary to establish connections or for billing purposes. Unless stipulated otherwise in the following provisions, we will only analyse this usage data to create personal user profiles if you have expressly consented to such use. We will report disturbances or misuse to the law enforcement authorities. The usage data will not be used for any other purpose or passed on to third parties.
3. If you download or use apps (e.g. smartphone apps) from us or a company affiliated with us and consent to using location-based services you will be potentially transmitting to us information about your current location and the terminal equipment you use, as well as a unique identification number assigned to your device. We can use this information to provide you with location-based services, e.g. search results or other personalised content. Most devices will allow you to turn off location-based services. To do so, please refer to the manual of your device or contact the manufacturer.
5. You can use your browser settings to choose whether you want to accept cookies, want to be informed whenever a cookie is stored on your computer or do not want to accept any cookies at all. Please note that if you disable cookies in your browser settings, you may not be able to access all functions or features of this website.
6. We use log files to record access data of our users (“server log files”). Whenever the user accesses the website, the user’s access data is transmitted by the browser and automatically stored in our log files. Without any additional measures, this data (e.g. IP addresses) cannot be used to identify any particular individual. Data obtained in this way will not be linked with other data sources, in particular with personal usage data. Log files contain the following information:
- Remote host (name and IP address of the computer requesting the page)
- User-Agent HTTP request header (browser, version)
- Request method, request path, request query string, and request protocol
- Date, time, time zone
We reserve the right to check the log files of users retrospectively using the last known IP address in cases where there are specific grounds for suspecting that they have been using our websites and/or offered services in a manner that is illegal or contrary to the terms of the contract.
- Google Analytics: This website uses Google Analytics (Universal), a website analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics (Universal) uses so-called “cookies”, i.e. text files that are stored on your computer to help analyse your use of the website. The information collected is usually transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. If IP anonymisation is activated on this website, Google will truncate your IP address within Member States of the European Union or other Contracting States to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the entire address be transmitted to a Google server in the US and truncated there. Google will use this information on our behalf for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing us with other services relating to website activity and internet usage. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the context of Google Analytics (Universal) will not be associated with any other data held by Google. If you do not want Google to analyse your data you can prevent the installation of cookies on your computer by changing your browser settings accordingly.We have implemented Google Analytics (Universal) through the so-called “Google Tag Manager”. The Google Tag Manager is also a Google product, which allows us to manage website tags from one interface. The Tag Manager is a cookie-less domain and does not collect any personal data. The tool instructs other tags to fire, and these other tags may collect data. This data is not accessed by Google Tag Manager. If users have opted-out at the domain or cookie levels, they will stay opted-out for all of the tracking tags deployed using Google Tag Manager.We may ask for your permission to share some product data (e.g. your account information) with other Google products in order to enable certain features, such as making it easier to add new AdWords Conversion Tracking Tags. In addition, our engineers periodically review information about product usage in order to make improvements to the product. However, we will never share any such data with other Google products without your consent. For further information, please view our use policy at http://www.google.de/tagmanager/use-policy.html..We also use Google Analytics (Universal) for online advertising (so-called “Display Advertising” by way of the “Remarketing” feature). Here, third-party providers, including Google, will show ads on websites using cookies from us or third-party providers, including Google. Through the combined use of first-party cookies (e.g. Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (e.g. DoubleClick cookie) ads can be targeted, optimised and displayed based on your past visits to this website. This enables us to target, optimise and display ads based on your previous visits to this website. The following Google AdWords features are used on this website:
- Interest categories
- Similar target groups
- Other types of interest-based advertising
We use these features of Google AdWords to target past visitors of this website on the websites of third-party providers or internet users with specific interest profiles based on their internet usage. We do not use our cookies, remarketing lists or other anonymous IDs to collect any information that could be traced back to you.
You can use the Ads Preferences Manager to opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customise Google Display Network ads by clicking on the following link: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb.
Furthermore, you can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of such by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in provided under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
To prevent your data from being collected by Google Analytics (Universal) you can also click on following link, for example, if you cannot install a browser plug-in on your device. This sets an opt-out cookie, which prevents your data from being collected when you next visit this website: Disable Google Analytics
Please note that on this website, Google Analytics (Universal) has been supplemented by the code “gat._anonymizeIp();” in order to ensure the anonymised collection of IP addresses (“IP masking”).
- DoubleClick: We use DoubleClick by Google to display ads based on your interests using special cookies. DoubleClick creates a pseudonymous identification number (ID) for your browser, which it uses to check which ads have been displayed in your browser and which ads have been accessed. The cookies do not contain any information that could be traced back to you. The use of the DoubleClick cookies enables Google and its partner websites to display ads based on past visits to our or other websites. The information gathered by these cookies is transmitted by Google to a server in the US for analysis and stored there. Google adheres to the privacy principles of the US-EU Safe Harbour Framework and is registered with the US Department of Commerce’s Safe Harbour Programme. Google does not transmit data to third parties unless required to do so by law or where the data is being processed by third parties on behalf of Google. Google will not associate your data with any other data held by Google.
You can prevent cookies from being stored on your computer by setting your browser accordingly; however, please note that in this case not all functions of this web site may be available to you in their full capacity. Furthermore, you can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie about your use of the websites and the processing of such by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available in the DoubleClick opt-out menu item under the following link: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/. Alternatively, you can disable the DoubleClick cookie on the website of the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking on the following link: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
- Optimizely: This website uses technology from Optimizely Inc. (www.optimizely.com) to collect and store data for marketing and optimisation purposes. These technologies are used to assess and optimise our website, including the content and functions provided. This data can be used to create user profiles under a pseudonym. To do so, cookies are used. Unless a separate consent is obtained from the person concerned, the data collected with Optimizely will not be used to personally identify the visitor of this website or linked with any personal data about the bearer of the pseudonym. You can find more information about how Optimizely processes your data at https://www.optimizely.com/privacy. You can disable the Optimizely tracking process at any time by following the instructions at https://www.optimizely.com/opt_out or by clicking on the following link: https://www.flyeralarm.com/de?optimizely_opt_out=true This sets an opt-out cookie, which will prevent any future collection of your data when you next visit the website.
- Social plugins: Our website uses so-called social plug-ins (“plug-ins”) from the Facebook and Google+ social networks, the micro-blogging site Twitter as well as the XING, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube platforms. These services are provided and offered by Facebook, Google Inc., XING AG, LinkedIn Inc., Instagram LLC, Pinterest Inc., YouTube LLC and Twitter Inc. (“providers”).
- Facebook is operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”). You can find an overview of the Facebook plug-ins and their appearance here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins
- Google+ is operated by Google Inc.,1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). You can find an overview of the Google plug-ins and their appearance here: https://developers.google.com/+/web/
- LinkedIn is operated by Linkedin Inc., 2029 Stierlin Court Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. You can find an overview of the LinkedIn plug-ins and their appearance here: https://developer.linkedin.com/plugins
- Xing is operated by Xing AG, Dammtorstraße 30, 20354 Hamburg, Germany. You can find an overview of the Xing plug-ins and their appearance here: https://dev.xing.com/plugins/share_button
- Instagram is operated by Instagram LLC. You can find an overview of the Instagram buttons and their appearance here: https://instagram.com/developer/#
- Pinterest is operated by Pinterest Inc. You can find an overview of the Pinterest buttons and their appearance here: https://developers.pinterest.com/pin_it/
- YouTube is operated by YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066 USA, represented by Google Inc. You can find an overview of the YouTube buttons and their appearance here: https://developers.google.com/youtube/youtube_subscribe_button
- Twitter is operated by Twitter Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103. You can find an overview of the Twitter buttons and their appearance here: https://twitter.com/about/resources/buttons
- In order to enhance the security of your visit to our website, the plug-ins are integrated into the page using the “2-click solution” from Heise Online. This integration ensures that a connection to Facebook, Google or Twitter servers is not established immediately upon accessing a page on our website that contains such plug-ins. Your browser only makes a direct connection to the Google, Facebook or Twitter server when you activate the plug-ins and, as such, consent to the data being transmitted. The content of the plug-in is then transmitted by the relevant provider directly to your browser and integrated into the page. By integrating the plug-in, the providers receive the information that your browser has accessed a particular page on our website, even if you do not have a profile with the respective provider or are currently not logged in. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted directly from your browser to a server of the respective supplier in the United States and stored there.If you are logged into one of the social networks, the respective provider can link the visit to our website directly to your profile on Facebook or Google+. If you interact using the plug-ins, for example, by pressing the “Like” button, the “+1” button or the “tweet” button, the relevant information is also transmitted directly to a server of the respective provider and stored there. The information will also be published on the social network or your Twitter account and displayed to your contacts there.For more information on the purpose and scope of data collection, the further processing and use of data by the providers as well as the rights and options available to you in this regard to protect your privacy, please refer to the respective privacy policies of the providers.
If you do not want Google, Facebook or Twitter to associate the data collected on our website directly with your profile with the respective provider, you must log out from the service before enabling the plug-in.
- Company acquisitions and sales: If we or another company controlled by Flyeralarm GmbH acquire or sell individual subsidiaries, business units, or components, personal data will be typically transferred to the new entity as part of any such transfer. Nevertheless, this personal data continues to be subject to the existing privacy policies (unless the customer has expressly agreed to other terms). In the unlikely event of flyeralarm GmbH or a substantial part of its assets being sold, the personal data will also be transferred to the buyer.
Save for the above, we will not share your personal data with other companies or other organisations, unless required to do so by law, for example, based on a court or administrative order.
Please understand that you will not be able to use websites or our services if you do not agree with the foregoing provisions in whole or in part.
B. Advertising and marketing, participation in competitions and other events
- We may only use your personal data for advertising, consulting and market research purposes and for targeting telecommunication media to market needs if you have consented to such use, e.g. by ticking the checkbox “Advertising and marketing activities” when opening your account. You can revoke your consent for your data to be used by Flyeralarm GmbH for the above purpose by deactivating the check box “Advertising and marketing activities” in your account settings. If you have not given your consent or you have revoked it, your data may not be used for purposes set out in this paragraph. We will provide our services irrespective of whether you give or revoke your consent in this regard.
- If you take part in any competitions or other events organised or co-organised by us, we are entitled to collect, process and use your personal data as well as any images, sound and video recordings taken during competitions or events on our websites and the websites of fellow organisers, cooperation partners, sponsors and social network platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. as well as to stage the competitions or events and to carry out the related press and public relations activities by ourselves, fellow organisers or sponsors. The cooperation partners to whom we may transmit collected data include, in particular, judges and event service providers. During the competition or event, we may also pass on your data relating to your participation to the media to enable them to get in touch with you directly. You may revoke your consent given to Flyeralarm GmbH at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. You may be excluded from the competition or event as a result.
- Contents provided by our cooperation partners offering own products and services may be integrated into our websites in various places. The former are also obligated to comply with the requirements of the Telemedia Act (TMG) and the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG). We do not accept any responsibility for compliance with these requirements. We would recommend that you contact our cooperation partners directly to obtain information about their privacy policies. Our website may also contain advertising by third parties and links to websites for which we are not responsible. We do not transmit any personal data to these companies.
- By way of illustration, we have provided two examples below to show how we collect, process and use personal data:
- Competitions: If you decide to take part in a competition organised by us, we will ask you to provide us with your name and date of birth, your e-mail address, telephone number and/or postal address, mainly to notify you if you win and to ensure that every participant only takes part in the competition once.
- Newsletter: As part of our online service, you can subscribe to our newsletter so that we can inform you of any interesting news, events, etc. To do so, you must give us your consent to use your personal data for advertising and marketing purposes in advance. Only in this case will our newsletter be sent to you on a regular basis to the e-mail address you have specified. You have expressly given us your consent as shown below, and we have recorded it. Under the German Telemedia Act (TMG) we are obliged to enable you to access the content of your consent forms at any time. You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future.Consent to receive advertising by e-mail:
“I would like to subscribe to the free FLYERALARM newsletter. I am aware that I can cancel the subscription at any time by clicking on the relevant link in the newsletter or directly through the your website.”
- Events and competitions: When organising competitions (e.g. the “FLYERALARM Design Award”) or other events, personal data of participants will be passed on to other event organisers, cooperation partners, sponsors and the media.
C. Flyeralarm blog
You must register for our blog in order to comment on our blog posts. The following personal data is necessary to register a blog account:
- Name and surname
- E-mail address (must be entered in both the “E-mail address” and “Confirm e-mail address” fields)
- Password (must be entered in both the “Password” and “Confirm password” fields)
Once you have registered, you will receive an e-mail containing a link which you can use to activate your blog account. After you activate your account, you can log into your blog. Except for your username, the data entered will not be displayed publicly on the blog. We will not pass on your data to third parties.
D. Information about stored personal data, alteration and deletion of data
- Every user is entitled to receive information, free of charge, about the personal data we store on them. A large proportion of personal data can be viewed directly on your customer account, e.g. ordering history, personal information (including name, e-mail address, password, communications settings), payment settings (including credit card information), information about e-mail communication preferences (including our notification services, availability and order notifications, newsletter). Any further queries regarding stored personal data should be addressed in writing to flyeralarm GmbH, subject: “Data Protection”, Alfred-Nobel-Straße 18, 97080 Würzburg, Germany. For privacy reasons, we are only able to provide such information by post to the registered address of the user.
- Once the user deletes his account, all the data previously entered by the user will be automatically deleted. A separate request for deletion is not required.
- Nevertheless, the user has the right at any time to demand that all personal data we store on them be corrected, blocked or deleted. Here users have the opportunity to alter (i.e. to update, correct and/or supplement) the data from within their customer account The data entered can only be deleted once the user has deleted his customer account. To protect your privacy and your security, we check your identity before you can delete your account. Should it not be possible to correct, block or delete your data as described for a particular service, for example, because such an area does not exist, you can request the data to be corrected, blocked or deleted by sending an e-mail to Flyeralarm GmbH firstname.lastname@example.org. However, this can lead to the exclusion of a participant from competitions or other events.
- To prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of your data and to ensure accuracy of data and authorised use of data, we have established appropriate technical and organisational procedures to backup and protect data that we collect online. Nevertheless, we cannot accept responsibility and/or liability for the disclosure of your data due to errors in transmission or unauthorised third-party access.
- For further information and suggestions regarding data protection, please contact Flyeralarm GmbH at email@example.com.
Responsible party within the meaning of the German Data Protection Act is flyeralarm GmbH, Alfred-Nobel-Straße 18, 97080 Würzburg, Germany.
We have appointed a lawyer, Mr Farid Mahmood, Oeggstraße 2, 97070 Würzburg, Germany, www.smd-legal.de, as our external data protection officer.
Version: July 2015