From pocket-sized to XXL versions, they are available again immediately – calendars for the next year. For years, calendars have been a stable source of big sales for publishers and the over-the-counter book trade. Customers particularly love small and low-priced versions rather than exclusive giant calendars. The online retail industry, too, profits from the calendar business, although not to such an extent as with the book business. Why? Calendars are products that customers like to buy in person, to get a better idea of their effect and presence.
The business world has taken advantage of these two functions or characteristics. Printed calendars are one of the absolute classic forms of advertising. Not only are they a perfect image medium, they are also an effective marketing tool, being present in the minds of customers, business partners or employees in a positive manner for 365 (or 366) days a year.
What’s most popular? Classic versions such as wall calendars, year planners, table calendars or pocket calendars – printed on standard paper types from 170g art paper in a variety of sizes. Fancy finishing touches are called for less often in calendars. This is probably due to cost factors.
Whether cost is a factor or not, we’ve put together a few ideas to help everyone who wants to present their company in a particularly special way and is still looking for the right type of calendar. What do you say to that …
- on memo pads
- on note boxes
- on the cover of sticky labels
- as an insert sheet for mousepads
- on desk covers
- on a prism stand-up display
- on plastic cards; similar to those used for customer loyalty cards, membership cards or gift vouchers
- as a magnetic sticker in business card size; it sticks on magnetic surfaces
- on robust chromium sulphate card; looks stylish and sits well in your hand
- on multi-layered paper; the white, multi-layered design paper with a black core is a real eye-catcher
- on a rigid foam panel; light as a feather, can be affixed to a wall with a strip of tape and cut to size individually
- a flyer with a removable sticker
- as a hard or soft cover notebook; available in good old vintage style, which is back in fashion again, also available with an elastic band
2018 calendar templates available in PDF format for free download
As every year, we have plenty of 2018 calendar templates in PDF format available for you to download free of charge from our online shop.
You can adapt the templates individually using a professional layout program. For example, you can
- Embed images or photos in different sizes
- Integrate design elements such as logos, icons, pictograms, patterns, figures or frames
- Add text, e.g. slogans, event dates, quotes or thoughts for each day
- Adjust the colours and add additional colour fields or gradients (e.g. as a background)
Click here for the layout templates: calender templates 2018