Text and lines
Minimum font size
To ensure good readability of your printed product, do not use font sizes smaller than 6 points (2.1mm).
Please ensure that all text elements are embedded in your print file. Fonts are normally embedded automatically after the PDF export. If this is not the case, you should convert your text to paths.
General line weights
- Positive lines (dark lines on bright backgrounds) minimum weight 0.25 points (0.09mm)
- Negative lines (light lines on dark backgrounds) minimum weight 0.5 points (0.18mm)
Line weights must also not fall below the specified dimensions when reducing the file size. Specific information and requirements can be found in the data sheet for the relevant product.
Print file FAQ
Compact checklist – perfect print files
Ensure that the print output meets your expectations: this checklist contains all the points that you should consider when creating your design. Learn everything you need to know about print files, from setting up the file to exporting it for printing.Display detailed checklist
- File format: corresponds with data sheet specifications, with bleeds observed.
- Colour space: CMYK selected
- File type: PDF, TIF or JPG
- Resolution: 300 dpi to 356 dpi
- Fonts: embedded